Stockroom Supervisor Job
Date: Aug 3, 2014
Location: New York, NY, US
DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
Assists store management in stock room operations. Exhibits passionate, friendly, helpful and real customer service, always putting the customer before any task. Ensures associates maintain an effective, productive and organized stock room area while providing excellent service and observing and maintaining all policies and procedures. Conducts new associate stock training.
Performs the following functions: customer service, signing up new Rewards members, store operations and merchandising. Complies with all policies and procedures associated with position, including maintaining a 95% attendance record. Reports to Store Manager or Store Director.
- Exhibits our company values consistently
- Works with store leadership team to understand policy and procedure
- Communicates daily goals and priorities consistently to sales floor associates and management
- Trains, coaches, directs associates and communicates development feedback of others to the management team in a timely manner
- Maintains a neat, clean, organized and safe environment at all times, including fixture organization & stockroom supplies
- Reviews, understands and can clearly communicate business reports including the daily sales flash, mismates, damages and empty box log reporting
- Supervises all merchandise handling processes, including; Door to Floor, Backstock Process, Unit Letters, Damages, Mismates, Fillback and Stockroom Organization
- Performs audits and transfers of damaged merchandise according to policy and procedure
- Maintains shipment supplies and fixtures and communicates needs to supervisor
- Maintains and consistently fills out all necessary information for merchandise handling paper work
- Flexes the stock room during seasons to ensure capacity is maximized
- Responsible for measuring and increasing productivity on a weekly basis
- Assists in the planning and execution of day to day tasks associated with the stock room
- Partners with MOD/Supervisor to accommodate all breaks
- Performs all other Sales Associate duties including the following:
o Greet every customer in the store, reading customer cues to “Match” service level to their expectations, explaining the rewards program and its benefits while ensuring Passionate, Friendly, Helpful and Real Service.
o Maintain a clean and organized store. Includes but is not limited to picking up trash in the aisles, returning shoes back where they belong according to DSW standards, cleaning the associate break room and restrooms, vacuuming the store, cleaning mirrors, cleaning the front walkway/stoop of the store, and any other housekeeping items deemed necessary.
o Unloads merchandise from trucks, places merchandise on the sales floor per DSW standards, completes markdowns, maintains clearance area standards, fills accessories, organizes and maintains the stockroom
Excellent organization and verbal communication skills
Proven ability to train others
Excellent customer service skills
Minimum high school graduate
Minimum 2 years retail experience required
Experience in high-volume stock room environments
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
Job Segment: Manager, Management
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field