Senior Director/ Director of Talent Management Job
Date: Feb 8, 2014
Location: Columbus, OH, US
DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
The Director or Senior Director of Talent Management is responsible for leading the implementation and delivery of the Talent Management Strategy to meet our talent aspirations, including: Talent acquisition, Career pathing, Succession planning, Leadership development, Training, and Learning & development. Reports to SVP HR. Has 5 direct reports. Must possess the ability to:
* Develop and implement effective plans, strategies and procedures to move to a talent driven organization
* Develop, implement and evaluate leadership programs for executive levels
* Design and develop innovative talent management programs and process to improve depth of the talent across the organization
* Provide proficient consultation on all phases of talent management such as hiring, onboarding, succession management, assessment, talent acquisition, leadership/organizational development, etc.
* Develop communication/marketing methods to educate associates on learning resources
* Collaborate with leadership and HR to develop and execute an incorporated approach to development, learning and talent management
* Manage executive recruiting including assessment process
* Direct the development of learning activities to support the needs of the business.
* Collaborate to develop cross functional talent solutions
* Monitor, measure and communicate the effectiveness of talent management strategies as they relate to associate engagement and turnover.
* Ensure resources are effectively allocated (both people and money)
* Partner with Finance and team to create and manage the budget
* Procure services from external search firms as needed
* 5+ years experience in Talent Management
* Current knowledge of Talent Management best practices
* Ability to communicate information to all levels of the organization
* Proven ability to manage large initiatives and/or functions that span multiple disciplines from developing strategy to implementation
* History of demonstrating leadership and influencing skills across multiple levels and disciplines in the business
* Ability to lead project teams developing requirements and designs for new/revised processes and technology
* Bachelor’s Degree
DSW believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected classification recognized by state or federal laws.
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segments: Manager, HR, Marketing Manager, Recruiting, Management, Human Resources, Marketing
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.