Manager, Human Resources - IT, Marketing & Finance Job
Date: Oct 11, 2013
Location: Columbus, OH, US
DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
Manager, Human Resources – IT, Marketing and Finance
Implements and coordinates established HR policies and practices throughout the DSW Home Office. Manages and coordinates HR activities in compliance with company philosophy, objectives and legal requirements. Recommends and implements programs, policies and events that create or reinforce a positive associate relations atmosphere. Reports to Sr. Director, Human Resources. Must possess the ability to:
* Business partner to customer groups (IT, Marketing and Finance)
* Support leadership/Executive Team with the handling of associate relations issues
* Provide coaching to associates regarding dealing with difficult people or situations, career paths, etc.
* Direct the interpretation and application of established HR policies
* Mediates disputes and assists in conflict resolution
* Act as a consultant on performance management issues, investigate as necessary
* Manage all DSW Corporate events (i.e. DSW Summer Outing, Quarterly Business Review, United Way, etc.)
* Responsible for assessing need for talent with functional leaders
* Manage company projects as required
* 5+ years’ experience as a HR manager with emphasis in IT, Marketing, and Finance
* Demonstrated business acumen and retail knowledge
* Experience handling complicated Associate relations issues
* High energy level, comfortable in managing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
* Ability to identify, analyze, develop solutions and make decisions on complex or unique issues
* Work with teams to identify and guide success plans for key roles, calibrate talent across departments
* Experience managing direct reports
* Effective communications skills—ability to facilitate, influence and impact at all levels
* Demonstrated PC-based software using Microsoft™ Office suite
* B.S. Degree in Human Resources or Business or equivalent experience
* Corporate retail experience preferred
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segments: Financial, Marketing, HR, HR Manager, Manager, Finance, Human Resources, Management
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.