Data Quality Analyst Job
Date: Jul 3, 2014
Location: Columbus, OH, US
DSW is the destination for savvy shoe lovers everywhere. Aisles are filled with women’s and men’s dress, casual, and athletic shoes in an easy, self-service shopping environment. With a rapidly growing number of DSW stores and leased departments for other retailers, an ecommerce site, and a mobile site, DSW is fast becoming America’s Favorite Place for Shoes! We also hope to become America’s Favorite Place to Work by hiring candidates who exhibit our values: passion, accountability, collaboration, and humility.
The data quality analyst will monitor data quality/consistency/integrity/security, educate stakeholders, identify issues, and recommend solutions. For this role, we need an individual with communication skills, the ability to multi-task, and passion for quality/constant improvement. Reports to Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence. No Direct Reports. Must possess the ability to:
* Monitor and suggest actions to improve the quality, accessibility, and security of enterprise data assets
* Provide a high level of data quality awareness across multiple organization levels (manager, individual contributor, own team, IT, business partners)
* Proactively work toward improving data quality and consistency in reporting and customer-facing systems
* Evaluate and identify where system enhancements may be required
* Build quality and integrity reports as needed
* Manage data profiling activities
* Identify and raise visibility to data redundancy
* Participate in metadata management activities
* Collect business requirements for efforts focused on data quality/integrity/security improvement
* 1-3 years working in a data-related field (preferred)
* Passion for data quality
* Can complete tasks that are varied and require independent judgment
* Can develop/design solutions based on established design with little guidance from others
* Can create documents w/peer review
* Troubleshoots moderately complex problems and recommends appropriate action
* Evaluates risk potential and recommends solutions
* Involved in projects as a contributor
* Understands and applies functional area’s strategy
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Meticulous and detail-oriented
* Able to quickly learn new tasks/data
* Able to understand and explain data and related concepts
* Comfortable presenting information to small/mid-size groups
* Ability to work calmly under pressure
* Strong character, team player, flexible
* 4 year degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent
DSW believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected classification recognized by state or federal laws.
WHERE SHOE LOVERS SHOP. WHERE SHOE LOVERS WORK.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Quality, Data
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field